Partnering with HBC Inc. will provide:
- Improved Collection Rates
- Industry Best Practice
- Decreased business risk
Healthcare Billing Consultants Inc. offers the following services:
- Patient demographic/insurance entry
- Charge capture
- Coding, Current CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes
- Application of appropriate modifiers for optimal reimbursement
- Electronic and paper claim submission
- Insurance appeals, redetermination requests and denial follow ups
The Rules & Regulations for claim submissions are continuously changing…HBC is ready for the next challenge!
- Payment posting and depositing of receipts into your bank account
What is a Lock Box System?
A Lock Box is a bank operated mailing address to which the medical practice directs insurance carriers and patients to send all correspondence and payments.
The bank opens the incoming mail, deposits all monies received into the practice’s account and scans all the paper information. The scanned images are sent securely for us to access daily. We review every scanned image to apply payments to accounts receivable and respond to any carrier requests/denials.
The Lock Box system is encouraged by banks for not only its security but also the expediency of funds in your bank account. Most banks charge a fixed monthly fee for each lock box as well as a servicing charge for each payment processed. Once your lock box is set up we will contact the insurance carriers to have all correspondence re-routed to the new lockbox address. The lock box system is the best way to track payments, reduce banking time and increase accountability to reduce any chance of embezzlement.
- Monthly patient statements
- Customized monthly financial reports
- A/R Management
- Toll free phone number for patient and client inquiries
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Our certified electronic health records software will convert your practice to EMR without disrupting your daily work flow. It is both designed to interface with our billing module and compliment your work style.
The following items list the advantages of our EHR:
- Customize the system to your work style
- Create and track orders
- Quick access to drug interaction forms
- Drug Utilization Review provides instant access to drug interaction information
- Secure and private patient data
- Follow up with orders and tasks
- Electronic Prescribing will improve the speed and accuracy of all prescriptions
With our state of the art scanning process, we can help eliminate misplaced/lost paper charts.
Health Information Technology for Physicians
Some common issues in medical practices stem from a significant lack of Health Information Technology and security. HIPPA compliancy is a must for any Medical Practice.
Here are some questions for any Medical Practice:
- Are you thinking about purchasing or have you recently purchased an EMR system?
- Is your data secure, encrypted, and backed up?
- Is your equipment obsolete and slow?
- Is the internet properly secured with a firewall and anti-virus software?
- Are the software packages old and not updated?
- Is remote access possible and configured properly?
- Do all printers and faxes work on a daily basis?
HBC Inc. along with Focal Tech Inc. can provide the following:
- Network setup, cabling, repairs
- Computer setup
- File sharing
- Printer sharing
- Setting up workgroups or domains on your network
- Internet service provider setup
- Security analysis
- Wireless network setup & security
- Adding new devices to the network
- PC system repair and upgrades
- Data backup/transfer
- Firewall & VPN installation
- Secure remote access
- E-mail setup
- Website design & hosting
Performance Dashboards gives you access to the kind of data that drives business decisions in your practice. Clinical reporting is quickly becoming increasingly important to practices, especially when it comes to positioning your practice for pay-for-performance incentives. Dashboards put the data you need right at your fingertips, giving you a view of financial and clinical practice data. Dashboards provide graphical views of data that can be used to support a wide range of medical and business decisions. Physicians, staff and practice executives can all use Performance Dashboards with minimal training.
HBC Inc. provides dashboards that enable providers to receive incentives by reporting on the services they perform.
- Write custom reports
- Generate worksheet-style or professionally formatted reports, or graphical charts and graphs
- Export directly to Microsoft Excel® or Microsoft Access®
- Our Performance Dashboards offer hundreds of analysis reports
- Revenue Cycle Management and analyze front office, payer contracts, billing and collection activities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- View trends and projections, and monitor cash flow
- Easy to Use - Simply click through the application to view and filter multiple data fields
- Affordable - Easy-to-implement and use, this affordable add-on module can result in a quick return on investment
- Performance Dashboards delivers all types of analysis reports and Business Performance Management tools
- Your data is automatically calculated, analyzed and available online, anytime from anywhere
- Our unique dashboards keep you up to date and in control with analysis that provides immediate information
- On Demand Revenue Cycle Analysis Reports
- Physician Productivity & Compensation Reports
- E & M Utilization Bell Curve Analysis
Your Staff... Your Business
Our goal is to enable your staff with more time to focus on your business.
The following are the only responsibilities of your staff in our functional billing environment:
- Schedule patients
- Obtain updated patient demographics on each visit. Name, Date of birth, Address, insurance information
- Verify active insurance coverage
- Obtain authorizations
- Collect copays
If you are considering OUTSOURCING your billing, why not INSOURCE the team of experts at HBC Inc. to stabilize your practice's revenue cycle management!
Just a few benefits of In-Sourcing HBC:
- You won’t feel the costs associated with Staff Turnover which are estimated to run between $25,000 and $50,000 per employee including the expense of replacing and training new staff
- Many practices have limited office space. In-Sourcing HBC frees up space for additional exam rooms that may have previously housed desks, filing cabinets, computer stations and other equipment
- Free up phone lines for Patient Care and Scheduling. ALL patient inquiries about claims status or owed balances should be directed to HBC, we provide a toll free number for all of our clients to share with patients
Here are a few important questions to consider when addressing potential sources of lost revenue in your practice:
- How much money did you lose from billing errors? (Charges entered incorrectly, timely filing limits missed, misuse of modifiers, lost revenue due to bundling, etc.)
- How many write-offs were made that should have been appealed or sent for review (non-contractual)?
- How much money in your accounts receivable (A/R) cannot be collected?
- How much money has been lost due to inconsistent patient statements or delays caused by slow claims processing?
- What about your exposure to embezzlement? (It is zero with our service)